Bfile CreateEntry OS
Syscall index: 0x1DAE
Function signature: int Bfile_CreateEntry_OS(const unsigned short* filename, int mode, int *size)
Creates a file or folder in storage memory.
- filename - A 16 bit character array, most likely generated by Bfile_StrToName_ncpy.
- mode - Used to determine whether a file or folder will be made.
- size - A pointer to the size of the file, NULL if making a folder.
0 on success, or a negative error code on failure.
Does not return a handle for created files. Use Bfile_OpenFile_OS after a successful creation.
The following are the modes that can be used:
- 1 - CREATEMODE_FILE - Makes a file using the size provided.
- 5 - CREATEMODE_FOLDER - Makes a folder. Size should be NULL.
This function is a combination of fopen's file creation and mkdir. Please note that the size of the file must be set upon creation. Files are dynamically expandable (using Bfile_WriteFile_OS past the end of a file), but currently there's no known way to shrink a file. You can delete and re-create to reduce a file's size; if you expect to do it frequently, using the main memory may be more appropriate.