This page has not been completed. Parts may be missing or reorganized before completed. Information is provided as-is and may have errors.
The OS contains a variety of bitmaps, with different sizes and color depths. Most of these bitmaps are shown to the user in the easily accessible OS screens, meant for common usage; others are never shown except on test and diagnostic screens.
This is a certainly incomplete list of the bitmaps that are shown to the user during common calculator usage.
Please list their dimensions, format and address in memory when known (specify the OS version, including minor digits/revision).
- Main Menu app icons (16 bpp, RGB565) - this includes all the icons for the built-in OS apps, from Run-Matrix to System.
- Main Menu graphics (16 bpp, RGB565) - this includes the top bar, the graphics for the scroll indicator to the right, the 3D-look battery icon and keyboard status indicators, and the labels shown on the top right corner of each app to indicate its shortcut (each has a "selected" and "unselected" version).
- Function key labels (1 bpp) - the labels shown on the bottom of the screen throughout the OS, to indicate the action of each function key.
- Screen backgrounds (384x192 px, 16 bpp, RGB 565) - the backgrounds shown on some screens, like the eActivity file browser, the matrix list, the program list, file transfer screens or the System menu.
- Status bar indicators (various dimensions, some appear to be 1 bpp, others are definitely 3 bpp) - the labels shown on the status bar, including the battery indicator, the keyboard status indicator, the indicator shown on the top right when seeing a chart with color link on, the eActivity memo indicator, etc.
- Busy-indicator bitmaps (3 bpp) - shown on the top right when the system is busy.
- All the font characters as bitmaps (various dimensions, 1 bpp)
- Scrollbar, progressbar and message box assets (3 bpp) - some of these may not be bitmaps (they may be drawn manually each time, for higher flexibility), but it's very likely that some like the rounded corners on the tabs of the conversion menus are bitmaps.
- File type and folder icons (18x24 px, 16 bpp, RGB 565) - shown on file browsers
- Casio logo shown on power off (16 bpp, RGB 565)
- eActivity strip icons for built-in apps (3 bpp)
- eActivity horizontal rule (3 bpp) - open eActivity document, press F6, F3, F3. It's possible that this is drawn as a composition of lines and area fills each time.
- eActivity memo icons and popups (3 bpp) - it's likely that these are drawn manually every time, and are not bitmaps.
Usually not visible bitmaps
Bitmaps in the diagnostic screen, etc. TODO.