From WikiPrizmJump to navigationJump to search
The article seems to be missing some info here
- Are timers prioritized by timer ID?
- Will a timer's interrupt be paused when in a callback?
- I haven't put information about that, because I don't know much about it. The way I imagine timers work, they are prioritized by ID, because when the hardware timer fires the timer interrupt, and the system goes checking which soft-timers ticked, it must start by one timer, and then the other, and the other... now, if the "interrupt" is paused or not when in a callback, I don't know, but if the hardware timer is only rearmed after checking all soft-timers and running their callbacks, then yes, it's as if the interrupt was paused during the callback.
- The first point may be easy to answer with some experimentation, now the second? Only by building code which hangs on the callback, and waits for the callback to be called again... I'm not sure that would work, it's an idea...
- --Gbl08ma (talk) 16:21, 15 November 2014 (EST)