Syscall index: 0x120A
Function signature: void EditMBStringCtrl2(unsigned char* MB_string, int posmax, int* start, int* xpos, int* key, int x, int y, int enable_pos_to_clear, int pos_to_clear)
Edits a multi-byte string according to the specified control key (where the GetKey code is higher or equal to 30000), updates the cursor position and displays the result at the specified position. To be used in conjunction with DisplayMBString2. This is a overloaded variant of EditMBStringCtrl.\
- MB_string - pointer to multi-byte string to edit. Must not be constant, as this syscall may actually want to modify the string contents, for example, when the user presses DEL, cuts or pastes text (cut and paste operations are linked to control keys).
- posmax - maximum size, in bytes, the string can take; the size of the buffer MB_string points to should be taken into account, to avoid buffer overflows (when pasting from the clipboard, for example).
- start - pointer to integer that will receive the new display start position (see the DisplayMBString2 parameter with the same name).
- xpos - pointer to integer that will receive the new cursor position (see the DisplayMBString2 parameter with the same name).
- key - pointer to integer with the GetKey code of the key pressed. The value of key might be changed, possibly for communication between text editing syscalls and GetKey.
- x - horizontal “homescreen” coordinate (like PrintXY) of the current text editing field.
- y - vertical coordinate, in pixels, of the current text editing field.
- enable_pos_to_clear - if 1, the parameter pos_to_clear is taken into account, else the line is cleared to the end of the screen.
- pos_to_clear - sets the horizontal “homescreen” coordinate after which the screen will not be cleared (marks the end of the text input).
x and y should be set to the same values used with DisplayMBString2, for graphical consistency.\
This syscall is for when a control key is pressed during text editing. If the key pressed is not a control key, or in other words, if the GetKey code is lower than 30000, use EditMBStringChar instead.